During the initial burn, please leave the candle lit for at least 2-3 hours or until the pool of melted wax reaches the edge of the container. The wider the container is, the longer you need to let your candle burn. If the wax doesn't melt all the way to the edge, the wax will cause tunneling and won't burn properly.
Never leave your candle unattended or near flammable objects such as curtains. Also, keep an eye on your children and pets.
Make sure to trim the wick to about 1/4" before each burn. If the wick does not get trimmed, the flame can get too big, and it can cause soot. We recommend checking your candle regularly and trimming the wick as needed. It is not recommended to burn your candle for more than 4 hours.
For more information about candle burning and fire safety rules visit candles.org